A cookie is a small text file that a website saves onto a user’s computer or mobile device when the user visits the website.
Cookies collect information about:
- the number of visitors to the website;
- the devices that are used for visiting the website;
- from where visitors have come to visit the website;
- when visitors have used the website;
- individual pages that visitors have visited.
Cookies alone cannot be used to identify visitors. Cookies do not store information such as visitors’ names, email addresses, phone numbers or home addresses. Such information also does not directly relate to a particular person.
Users can erase cookies in their browser settings to change the identifier that collects user data. Users can also block cookies completely by changing their browser settings. Blocking cookies may affect the use of some functions of the services. If users choose to block cookies, they may not be able to take full advantage of the website.